Ann's favorite fetal alcohol spectrum disorder (FASD) resources.
Parenting FASD Kids and Parenting FASD Teens and Adults are places to share what works with persons affected by an FASD. A place where struggling caregivers can come and get ideas, tips, support, etc. Nothing is concrete for each individual person, but what worked for some of us, might help you.
- Parenting FASD Teens and Adults is a closed group for caregivers only run by Ann Yurcek and Terry Quinn
- Parenting FASD Kids is a closed group for caregivers only run by Ann Yurcek and Terry Quinn
Our goal is to raise kids who are effected by FASD to be successful adults, and for parent warriors to stay sane in the midst of trauma. We are here to share our experiences with you. Take what fits your situation and use it. We hope to bless your family! Our groups are ONLY FOR CAREGIVERS of persons with FASD. Thank you all for respecting that. Ann Yurcek and Terri Quinn
- FAScinating Ideas to Help Children with FASD is managed Jodee Kulp and Ann Yurcek. We seek to find the best information on the web to help families help the persons they love living with the challenges of FASD.
- Better Endings New Beginnings www.betterendings.org is a non-profit organization that provides hope for children, teens, and adults living, laughing, learning and loving through the challenges of alcohol exposure before birth — fetal alcohol spectrum disorders (FASD).through PAWS, Live Abilities and Braided Cord Strategies.
- Toolbox Parent - www.toolboxparent.com a joint effort by Deb Fjeld and Jodee Kulp to provide tools and tips for children and adults with atypical behavior.
- Parenting FASD kids - www.parentingfasdkids.com by Terri Quinn
- Fetal Alcohol Community Resource Center www.come-over.to/FASCRC operated by Arizona FASD advocate Teresa Kellerman, is a HUGE, creative site with many national and international links! You will meet many children and adults living with FASD.
- FASworld Canada www.fasworld.ca is a pro-active, non-profit organization dedicated to telling the FASD story and is linked to other FASD organizations around the world. Let us know how you can help.
- “Living with FASD: A Guide for Parents and Caregivers.”
Written by Vicki Russell, a member of the FASlink.
- FASDay or International Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Awareness Day www.fasday.com has been celebrated around the world on Sept. 9 since 1999.
- My Sibling Has a Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD). Can I Catch It?
- Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASD): When Your Child Faces the Juvenile Justice System
- Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASD) and the Criminal Justice System
- Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASD) and Co-Occurring Mental Illness
- Adopting and Fostering Children with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASD) What You Need to Know
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Training and Education
- Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders Center for Excellence serves as an information and resource center regarding FASDs.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
- National Organization on Fetal Alcohol Syndrome This site includes an up to date resource directory
- Fetal Alcohol and Drug Unit University of Washington School of Medicine
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences studying FASD since 1973.
- Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders Certificate - Digital Campus at the University of Duluth Minnesota, UMD Continuing Education Certificate Program
- FASD Center for Excellence Online Course The course is free to the public. This course provides an overview of risk factors for fetal alcohol spectrum disorders (FASD), its signs and symptoms, and prevention and treatment methods. The course includes seven modules that can be studied at your own pace. You can complete one or more modules based on your needs.
- 4 Digit Diagnostic Online Course - University of Washington - FADU - The 4-Digit Code has been practiced by interdisciplinary diagnostic teams across the U.S. and Canada since 1997 with documented high performance. This online course includes case studies, animations, practice sessions and self-assessment.
- Subscribe to #FASD and #Fetal Alcohol.